Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Italian Breaded Pork Chops

MMMmmm this is the best pork chop recipe I have made so far in my few years of cooking. We make this one a lot. How many times do you cook pork chops and they come out dry? I always used to over cook pork. It is pretty easy to do though. I have a couple pork chop recipes that I make and I have a hard time trying new recipes because they come out perfect every time.

The trick to perfect pork chops is to sear the outside before finishing them off in the oven.  You have to be sure to use a skillet that can go in the oven, but be extremely careful that you remember that you put the skillet in the oven and do not go to reach the handle without an oven mitt!. Phil has burned his hands a couple times and I almost have as well, because you get used to grabbing the skillet when you are cooking with it on the stove top.  Also, I think that bone in pork chops is the way to go because the bone helps them come out really tender and juicy. 

For recipes that call for making your own breading I tend to make way more breading then I need because I get annoyed when I do not have enough and I have to remix. So this recipe I had more then needed so you can adjust to your liking.


Italian Breaded Pork Chops
Adapted from Allrecipes


1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 bone-in pork chops

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

In a shallow bowl beat egg and milk together.

In a separate shallow bowl mix all the dry ingredients.

Dip each pork chop in first the egg mixture and then in the bread crumb mixture.

Heat olive oil in a large oven proof skillet. Place coated pork chops in skillet and brown 5 minutes on each side.

Once browned place pork chops, in the same skillet they were seared in, in the oven and cook 25 minutes or until done.

Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment