Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Creamy Garlic Noodles

Another one of my food idiosyncrasies that I have overcome is cream sauce. When I was younger I would wipe off the cream sauce on pasta into a napkin because I thought it tasted foamy in my mouth. Now I love creamy sauces, cream soups, creamy pasta. I guess the one good thing about being a picky eater when I was younger is that I feel like I am experiencing so many new great tastes now and I think I enjoy it more then I would have as a kid. My poor mother, between me and my brother, who is also picky, she probably had the hardest time trying to figure out what to make for dinner. 

Tonight's dinner was yet another Pinterest found recipe. The picture of this pasta on Pinterest was just so appetizing. Taking pictures of food for me right now is like taking pictures of the Grand Canyon and then getting home and thinking the picture just does not do it justice. I got a book to read on my Kindle about Food Photography so I am hoping that throughout this process I will also be able to get better at food presentation and making my food look more appetizing. 

I really liked these noodles. They had the perfect amount of garlic and cream. You definitely have to serve these right away as the sauce continues to thicken the longer it sits. As much as I enjoyed this pasta, next time I make it I would probably just have it as a side dish instead of a main dish. I think it would be a perfect side to Italian Sausage or Chicken Parmesan. 

Creamy Garlic Noodles
Adapted from the Cheese Pusher

2 teaspoons olive oil
4 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
1 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley

In a pot heat up olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the butter and stir until melted. Add chicken broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil on medium high heat.

Once broth is at a boil add pasta and cook according to package directions. 

Once pasta is cooked, reduce heat to medium and add parmesan and stir until melted. 

Take off heat and add heavy cream and parsley. 

Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment