Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blackened Cajun Chicken Pasta

Sunday's are usually my day to put "healthier" aside and go with total comfort food. I am definitely a comfort and hearty type of cook. During the week I generally try to tone down the comfort style to make our dinners a little better for you.

Pinterest has been a great place for me to find new recipes. It is also the place that got me thinking about starting my own blog. I would click on the recipes that I was interested in making and I would usually be sent to someone's blog. I started scrolling though other recipes of the blogs I was directed to and if I found several I liked I subscribed to the blog. I now receive several blog posts by email and am continually adding more and more. Pinterest directed me to this recipe on the blog "Comfortably Domestic." My husband absolutely loved this dish. He is a firefighter and often has to cook dinner at the firehouse for the guys. I know I hit a home run in the kitchen when he asks me to make a copy of the recipe for him to make at work. I was a little nervous that the chicken was going to be too spicy for me as the dish called for a lot of the Cajun spice. It was delish though. I love the Cajun flavors and this one hit the spot for me.

Blackened Cajun Chicken Pasta
Adapted from Comfortably Domestic


Ingredients:


4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
Cajun Blackening Spice
2 Tablespoons butter, divided
Olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup freshly grated Italian cheese blend (Asiago, Parmesan)
4 oz herbed goat cheese
Salt
Pepper
1 pound fettuccine


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Cook fettuccine according to package directions for "al dente." Drain and rinse with hot water. 


Meanwhile, pat chicken dry with a paper towel. 


In a large resealable plastic bag put a heavy amount of the Cajun blackening spice. Put all chicken pieces into bag and shake to coat. 


Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear chicken on one side for 3 minutes. Flip to other side and sear for about 2 more minutes. Place seared chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Cover and set aside. 


While chicken is cooking, re-heat the skillet over medium-high heat and deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the minced garlic, red and green peppers, and diced tomatoes to the pan. Cook for about five minutes until peppers are done. 


Reduce heat to medium low and add the heavy cream. Stir constantly for 1 minute.


Add the salt, pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Continue to stir mixture until combined for 3 to 4 minutes. 


Remove pan from heat and add the goat cheese and grated Italian cheeses. Stir constantly until sauce is smooth. 


Print Recipe






1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy, and plenty rich for my diet these days. LOL

    ReplyDelete