Saturday, February 2, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken and Bean Burritos

I really need to use my slow cooker more. I love being able to toss everything into the pot and let it go. It is hard to use during the week though because I start work pretty early. So I generally only use it on the weekends. Phil and I wanted to go see a movie today so this was perfect. I put this recipe together, we went to the movies and ran a couple errands, came back and dinner was ready.

I got a Campbell's Soup day by day recipe calendar this year and this was one of the recipes. I have never used Campbell's cheddar cheese soup for anything before. It was really good in this recipe. Using boneless skinless chicken thighs in the slow cooker is always a good idea too, because they do not dry out as fast as chicken breasts do. You could always spice this up too by adding in some green chilies. I will for sure be making this one again.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Bean Burritos
Adapted from Campbell's

1 can (10 3/4oz) Campbell's Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 can (14oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Chopped Lettuce
Salsa

Mix soup, garlic powder, chili powder and chicken in a slow cooker.

Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.

Mash the black beans and pinto beans and stir into chicken mixture.

Spoon mixture down center of a tortilla.

Top with lettuce and salsa.

Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on:  Foodie FridayShow and Tell SaturdayStrut Your Stuff Saturday, Foodie FridayKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsWeekend Potluck Think Pink Sunday,  Sundae Scoop




1 comment:

  1. I say the same thing to myself it about the slow cooker. I just love being able to throw things in it and at the end of the day have a meal ready. Thanks for sharing your chicken recipe on foodie friday looks hearty.

    ReplyDelete