Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Granola Yogurt Parfait

Cookbook Recipe #37

Phil and I both like to have a little dessert once and awhile after dinner. We try to keep dessert as healthy as possible so we do not have to feel bad about having it. We will get frozen yogurt once in awhile, the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, smoothies and parfaits. I know a lot of people have parfaits for breakfast but we like it as a dessert as well. I think they are such a refreshing dessert. I feel like you do not feel gross after eating it because it seems light. I saw this recipe when looking though my cookbooks the other day and thought it would be a good one to post for my cookbook recipe of the week.  I added some honey to the granola which was good but it made clusters really quick and was hard to spread out.  It was good though, just kind of a pain. Parfaits photograph really well too. Although I need to figure out a better way to take pictures where the items are on levels in my kitchen. I do not have much of a blank slate wall space where the lighting is good. So you always tend to see my crazy full pantry or my washing machine. Oh well......They still look nice even with the pantry in the background.

Granola Yogurt Parfait
Adapted from Young and Hungry by Dave Lieberman

Berries
Granola
Yogurt
2 tablespoons honey

Mix honey into granola.

Layer berries, granola and yogurt of your choice in a dish.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Those look yummy!
    Is there a way you could rig a plain colored sheet or blanket behind your subjects? I often do that, and no one is the wiser (except for now). :)

    ReplyDelete