Sunday, February 3, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Wings

Cookbook Recipe #35

There can't be a Super Bowl without chicken wings! I heard on the radio that over 1 billion chicken wings are eaten on Super Bowl Sunday so apparently I am not the only one that believes this. I have never made homemade buffalo wings before. Probably because I still get a little nervous when it comes to deep frying. I have done it once, I believe, since I started the blog. So yea, I am still a little nervous. I decided to use my Fry Daddy because it heats up the oil much faster than on the stove. Let me tell you, homemade buffalo wings are awesome! So much better then from the freezer aisle, which I suspected they would be. And not near as daunting as I thought. The sauce would just the right hotness for me as well. I am not a big fan of super spicy, where my mouth is so numb I don't even want to finish eating. I have been craving a good buffalo wing lately and this did the trick!

Buffalo Chicken Wings
From the Mealtime Express Cookbook 

24 chicken wings
Salt
Pepper
4 cups vegetable oil for frying
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot





Preheat vegetable oil to 375 degrees. 

Cut tips off wings and discard. Then cut into two parts at the joint to get a wing and a drum. 

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.

Cook wings in batches for 10 minutes eat. Stirring occasionally.

Remove wings from oil and allow to drain on paper towels. 

Meanwhile, melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in hot sauce and vinegar. 

Place wings on a plate and drizzle with sauce. 








1 comment: