Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chicken Skillet Casserole

Cookbook Recipe #38



I had a hard time this week trying to pick out a cookbook recipe. Nothing was really jumping out at me. I saw this recipe in my Mexican Cooking cookbook and thought it sounded easy. It doesn't really strike me as Mexican food, but whatever, I figured I would try it. The original recipe called to use taco seasoning for the spices but I was using chili ready tomatoes that already had seasoning. Then I added garlic powder, cumin and chili powder. Phil really liked this dish, but I would say it is one of my least favorite that I have made so far. It is definitely a good quick recipe though. I made it in under 15 minutes which is always nice to have one of those up your sleeve when you are in a hurry.


Chicken Skillet Casserole 
Adapted from Mexican Cooking Cookbook

1 cup frozen broccoli
1 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup frozen peppers
1 14oz can chili ready diced tomatoes
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
Salt
Pepper
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

 In a large skillet add all ingredients except cheese.

Bring to a boil over medium high heat.

Cover and cook for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Top with cheese. Cover and cook again for 2 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment