Tuesday, March 5, 2013

California Burritos

French fries in a burrito, say what?!?! They are a must in a California Burrito! Today is Phil's birthday so I wanted to make his favorite food: Cali burritos. California burritos are only in San Diego. We lived there for 3 years and could not get enough of these. Every hole in the wall taco shop had these but Phil's favorite came from a place called Sombrero's.

Any time people came out to visit us we told them they had to get a California burrito. Most people did not understand the concept of the french fries inside, but once they tried it they absolutely loved it. One of our friends Cristy even asks for french fries in her burrito back home, here in Illinois. I have asked for it before as well, I always get a strange look though.



Here is a picture of the ever so famous burrito. How amazing does it look!?!













 Here is a picture of our Cali Burrito. Doesn't look quite as good, but let me tell you it was pretty close in flavor! I used Guy Fieri Carne Asada from Target.  You could always go to a Mexican grocer to get it too, they have it in their meat case. I really like the flavor of Guy's though, so this time I went with his. I bet if you try a burrito with fries, you will never want one without!

California Burritos

Carne Asada
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream
French Fries, cooked
Pico de Gallo
Flour Tortillas

Grill up carne asada on medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes per side.

Assemble burritos and enjoy!

This recipe is linked on:  Mix it Up MondaysMelt in your Mouth Mondays,  On the Menu Monday,  Show me Your Plaid Mondays, Tempt My Tummy TuesdayTasty Tuesday PartyTalent Show TuesdaysShow me What You Got TuesdaysShare it Link PartyTuesday Time Out Wednesday Extravaganza Cast Party WednesdayWhimsy Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. I haven't ever heard of a Cali burrito! Next time I'm in San Diego I'm going to have to try this out (but only if it comes in chicken or ground turkey). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! It must only be in San Diego b/c the whole time we liven in Cali I never heard of this. We were up in the Central Valley. Thanks for sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete