Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Meatball Melties

I think I have finally figured out the secret to good meatballs, meatloaf, burgers. Adding milk into the meat mixture along with breadcrumbs results in perfectly moist meat. I am glad I figured this out now and not many years from now! I have made this before but I do not remember it being as good. I think I used more milk this time. This is a really good recipe if you do not want to wait for a meatloaf. It is a super quick recipe to make. We put this on the multi-grain sandwich bread to make it a little healthier.

Meatball Melties
Adapted from Rachael Ray

1 1/2 pounds ground beef, pork and veal mix
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons milk
Salt
Pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Olive oil
Bread of your choice

In a large bowl combine meat, breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, egg, garlic, milk, salt and pepper.

Shape into about 4-5 patties.

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle the burgers with olive oil.

Cook for 10 minutes, flipping once.

With a couple minutes left top with cheese.

While the burgers are cooking, heat up tomatoes with garlic salt.

Top burgers with tomatoes.

This recipe is linked on:  Foodie FridaySaturday Show and TellShow and Tell SaturdayStrut Your Stuff SaturdaySuper Saturday Show and TellKitchen Fun with my 3 Sons,  Foodie riday Weekend Potluck Think Pink Sunday,  Cream of the Crop,Melt in your Mouth Mondays,  On the Menu Monday,  Show me Your Plaid Mondays


1 comment: