Monday, December 3, 2012

Oriental Slaw

I think this slaw recipe is a staple at a lot of parties and I always really like it. I love the crunch that the ramen noodles give the salad too. I bought these Asian beef skewers at Super Target the other day and I was trying to figure out something to go with them. I thought the Oriental slaw would be a good side dish that would pair well with the beef skewers.

I changed a couple of things to the original recipe. I added sesame oil, soy sauce and sunflower seeds. I really love the flavor of sesame oil. The only thing I would change would be to put in a little less vinegar. I thought the vinegar flavor was a little too strong in the dish. Other than than Phil and I really enjoyed the slaw.

Oriental Slaw
Adapted from Cooks.com

1 Cup olive oil
1/2 Cup sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 Packages seasoning from ramen noodles
1 Pound coleslaw
2 Packages Oriental ramen noodles
1 Cup sunflower seeds

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour but better if overnight.

This recipe is linked on: Mix it Up MondaysMelt in your Mouth MondaysOn the Menu Monday,  Makin You Crave MondayOr So she SaysRecipe Sharing Monday



1 comment:

  1. I've heard of this but never actually tried it. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete