Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Polpettine di Tacchino (Turkey Meatballs)

Cookbook Recipe # 53

I kind of combined a couple recipes in this book for the meatballs. I took ingredients from both recipes to make one recipe. As I liked certain pieces of each one. I have made even a different turkey meatball recipe from Mario Batali that was very similar to this recipe and I loved how they came out. It is going to be my go to meatball recipe from now on for sure because they are the moistest meatballs I have ever had. Sometimes meatballs can come out so dense. Not these, they are very light and tender. It is the combination of panko breadcrumbs and milk with the meat that makes them that way. One of the recipes calls to use italian sausage in the meatballs as well as the turkey. I did this last time and they were really good, but I decided to just stick to the turkey this time.

I would recommend giving these a try for sure. You can always change up the meat mixture to your liking.

Turkey Meatballs
Adapted from Molto Italiano by Mario Batali


1 pound ground turkey
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Pasta sauce (for serving)
Pasta (for serving)


 In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well. Mixture will be wet.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil.

Form meatballs into 1 inch balls.

Brown in the skillet on all sides over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add into your favorite tomato sauce to continue cooking for about another 10 minutes.

Serve with spaghetti.


1 comment:

  1. I'm always on the search for good turkey meatballs. These look awesome, and easy!!

    ReplyDelete