Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Slow Cooker Bratwurst

Cookbook Recipe # 50

We had a potluck at work yesterday and we were supposed to bring a dish that represents the country of our heritage. My family is all from Germany so I thought bratwurst was appropriate. I get into work at 7:00 am and we were not having lunch until 12:00 pm so I needed something that I could keep hot until lunch. So I saw this recipe for bratwurst in the slow cooker. The original recipe called for beer but I did not think that was work appropriate so I decided to use apple juice instead. This was my first time cooking bratwurst in a slow cooker and it came out pretty good. It was really juicy and tender. It is a good way to make when you want to keep it hot and you have a lot of people eating it. German food just does not look appetizing no matter what you do. The recipe below is for one batch.

Slow Cooker Bratwurst
Adapted from Fix it and Forget it Cookbook


6 fresh bratwurst
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Apple juice

Add bratwurst and garlic to slow cooker. Cover with apple juice.

Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.








No comments:

Post a Comment