Saturday, May 11, 2013

Breakfast Sandwiches with Mango Chutney

This was my first encounter with  mango chutney. I was a little unsure about it but it was actually quite tasty. It was a nice compliment to the breakfast sandwiches. I told Phil I was putting mango chutney on the breakfast sandwiches and he thought it sounded strange also, but he really liked it too. This recipe is a much healthier version then its McDonald's cousin. I used whole grain English Muffins, fat free cheese slices, and Canadian bacon. One thing I did that wasn't the best was that I decided to throw on a sausage patty. It just sounded good. The sandwiches were really good and quite filling. Served along side some fresh fruit, it was a nice balanced breakfast.

Breakfast Sandwiches with Mango Chutney
Adapted from Cooking Light

8 slices Canadian bacon
4 pre-made sausage patties
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
Salt
Pepper
4 slices fat free cheese slices
8 teaspoons mango chutney
4 whole grain English Muffins

In a large skillet cook sausage patties according to package directions. Last few minutes add canadian bacon slices to heat about a minute a side.

Preheat broiler to high heat.

With 5 minutes left, start eggs.

In a bowl whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add to saucepan and cook over medium low heat for about 3 minutes. Whisking to scramble. Set aside.

Split English muffins and place on a baking sheet. Top one side with a slice of cheese. Spread chutney on the other side.

Layer with eggs, Canadian bacon and sausage.

Broil for 2 minutes.

Place top halves of muffins over the bottom halves.

This recipe is linked on:  Foodie FridayShow and Tell Saturday, Rediscovering Lost Arts From Our Mothers Think Pink Sunday,  Cream of the Crop, Mix it Up MondaysMelt in your Mouth Mondays,  On the Menu Monday,  Show me Your Plaid MondaysMop It Up Monday






2 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious! A definite must-make on my list :-)

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mango chutney with bacon and cheese in an appetizer dip so I bet this is a great and delicious twist on the traditional breakfast sandwich! Thanks, will try!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete