Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops

Cookbook Recipe # 31

Taste of Home recipes are some of my favorite recipes because they never have a lot of ingredients involved.  They are a lot of times ingredients that you have in your everyday pantry. I do not think I have ever had to go  out in search of a "one time" ingredient for a Taste of Home recipe. I love that about their recipes. I found this recipe for Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops in this Simple and Delicious  Taste of Home cookbook I got for Christmas this year from my Dad's girlfriend Lori. The title describes these pork chops perfectly....simple and delicious. The sauce was a really nice flavor for the pork chops. The original recipe was a small amount of sauce when I made it so I increased the ingredients quite a bit to get more yield out of it. I like a lot of sauce! I also used bone in pork chops instead of boneless because I love the juiciness of a bone in pork chop. And yes you are reading the ingredients right, I did add the onion. I did only because I would be able to move them to the side. I know I am weird!  Phil and I both really liked this recipe. When it comes to pork I usually make breaded pork chops, so this was a nice change from that.

Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
Taste of Home Simple and Delicious


2 bone in pork chops
Salt
Pepper
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 tablsepoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Season pork chops with salt and pepper.

Heat olive oil in a oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Brown pork chops for 5 minutes a side.

Cook in oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes brush sauce on the pork chops. Finish cooking another 5-10 minutes until done.

Print Recipe





1 comment: