Friday, October 5, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Shake

Cookbook Recipe #17

Bobby Flay is known for his burgers so it is kinda funny that I would choose to do a shake recipe out of his cookbook, but I LOVE shakes. Whenever we go for ice cream I almost always get a shake. One of my favorite shakes is from Coldstone....the Cheesecake Fantasy sundae made into a shake. So when I saw this shake recipe for a cheesecake shake I figured it would be a close bet. The recipe was originally for a blackberry shake, but I really like strawberry shakes so I decided to switch it up. This recipe was definitely the most prep work I have ever done for a shake, but the shake came out awesome. You have to make a fruit base and let it sit for a few hours to thicken up before you can make the actual shake. The fruit base is like a jam, so you can make any fruit that you want to mix in. The only thing is that you do a lot of work with not a lot of shake to go around. It was a great treat though!

Strawberry Cheesecake Shake
Adapted from Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries and Shakes


Fresh Fruit Base

1 pound fresh fruit
4 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons strawberry jam
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Hull and slice strawberries into quarters.

Put sliced strawberries, 3 tablespoons sugar and 3 tablespoons jam in a saucepan and heat over medium high.

Mash strawberries with a potato masher and stir occasionally until the mixture thickens to a jam-like consistency, about 20 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Add the remaining tablespoon of sugar if needed.

Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.

Shake

1/3 cup fruit base
1/4 cup whole milk
3 ounces cream cheese
1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream

Mix fruit base, milk and cream cheese in blender. Then add ice cream and blend until smooth.



Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on:  Foodie Friends Friday,  Foodie Friday, Full Plate ThursdayLink it up ThursdayCreative ThursdayFantastic Thursday,Show and Tell SaturdayStrut Your Stuff SaturdayFoodie FridayKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsWeekend Potluck

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I wish I had that Strawberry Cheesecake Shake right now, it looks delicious! Enjoy your weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness this looks so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing it on Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete