Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mexican Lasagna

Sometimes it is nice to pull out a recipe that is quick and easy. Mexican lasagna is one of those recipes for me. When my mom, Kristy and I got back from the jewelry show we were exhausted. I knew we would be from prior experience so I figured I would quickly throw together this Mexican lasagna so we could relax on the couch.

This is another recipe that is really versatile and can easily be switched up every time you make it. I usually make it with shredded chicken or ground turkey. I also do not like peppers mixed in so I leave those out but you could easily add peppers and onions for more flavor if you want. When you are not in the mood for being in the kitchen for a long time, this is the perfect recipe.

Mexican Lasagna

Whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
8 whole wheat tortillas
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 14.5oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 28oz can enchilada sauce
Sour cream

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, assemble the lasagna. First pour a little enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish. Then layer 2 tortillas. Next add 1/3 each of the shredded chicken, black beans, and frozen corn. Pour over more sauce then top with 1/3 of shredded cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times ending with shredded cheese on top.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Top with sour cream if desired.

Print Recipe


This recipe is linked on: Foodie FridayShow and Tell SaturdayStrut Your Stuff SaturdayFoodie FridayKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsWeekend PotluckSunday Link PartyThink Pink Sunday,Scrumptious SundaysChurch SupperCream of the CropSundae Scoop



No comments:

Post a Comment