Monday, August 20, 2012

Taco Salad

 Phil is working a lot this week and will not be home for dinner. I have a hard time coming up with meals for just me. I always make way to much of everything even when it is Phil and I eating. So to try to cut a recipe for only one is tough. Plus I do not get as excited to make dinner for only myself, so I am not nearly as inspired.

I had some ground turkey in the fridge that I needed to use up so I decided to make taco salad. Although, I do not know if you can consider something without lettuce a salad. To me if you are dumping a bunch of ingredients in a bowl....it's a salad. So you all know about my crazy no onion policy....I even always use a specific brand of taco seasoning that does not have minced onions in it. I always use Old El Paso taco seasoning for my taco meat. The package says to use the whole thing for a pound of meat. I think it is too salty when I use to the whole package so I only use half. You can dump in all your favorite taco toppings and you have a really filling dinner that is not terrible for you, and even have plenty of leftovers.

Taco Salad

1 pound ground turkey
1/2 package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
1 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 hard corn taco shells
Taco sauce
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Sour cream
Tomatoes, diced

Brown ground turkey in a skillet on medium heat. Add taco seasoning. Brown turkey until no longer pink.

In another saucepan, heat up black beans on medium low heat for a couple minutes.

In the microwave heat up taco shells for 30 seconds. Once cooked, crunch up shells into small pieces.

Mix shells, turkey and black beans in a shallow bowl.

Top with your favorite toppings.

Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on: 
Mix it up MondayMakin You Crave MondayJust Another Manic MondayMouth Watering MondayMelt in Your Mouth MondayMust Try MondaysOn the Menu MondayMop it up MondaysMom's Test Kitchen Monday's


2 comments:

  1. This sounds great! Seems like it would be a quick & easy weeknight dinner!! I would love to invite you to stop by & share this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    Hope you are having a good day!
    Jaime @ Mom's Test Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taco salads. This looks great. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday.

    ReplyDelete