Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mashed Cauliflower

My good friend and home town next door neighbor Molly was in town to go to a wedding a couple weeks ago. We were talking about different things that we have cooked recently and she told me about mashed cauliflower. I have seen several recipes for this recently but I wasn't convinced that I would like it. I love cauliflower, but pureed just didn't sound that great to me. Molly told me that she adds goat cheese to hers and it makes it really creamy. So I found a recipe for mashed cauliflower that used goat cheese and gave it a try.

People say that it is supposed to taste like mashed potatoes and that it is a good substitute for it. I wouldn't go so far to say that it tastes like mashed potatoes, but it does have a similar flavor profile. I added garlic to the recipe, because well, I like to add garlic to just about anything that it goes with!

I am always looking for new side dishes because I get tired of the same ole same ole stuff. This recipe will be going on my side rotation for sure.

Mashed Cauliflower
Adapted from Food.com

1 head cauliflower
2 ounces goat cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
Salt
Pepper

Cut cauliflower into small chunks. Mix with minced garlic in a microwave safe dish with a lid.

Microwave for 8 minutes.

Combine all other ingredients will cauliflower and blend in a food processor until smooth.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.


Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on: Sunday Link PartyThink Pink SundayCreative Bloggers Party and HopScrumptious SundaysChurch Supper




2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love your blog. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Love seeing new faces. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete