Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chicken Fajita Pie

I found this recipe on My Biscuits are Burning blog. I receive her emails whenever she posts a new recipe and this was on a there a couple weeks ago. I thought it looked really good. This is another one that Phil really liked and I just kind of liked. I used leftover smoked chicken that I had shredded up and frozen from a couple of weeks ago. I do not think it was the right chicken for this recipe. Also I think next time I would use some fajita seasoning on the chicken. I didn't not like this recipe I think I just didn't like the way the smoked chicken tasted in it. Phil really liked it though, but he also agreed that we should use regular chicken next time. I thought it was a little strange that there was a whole cup of flour in it. But it came out really nice. I thought it might taste like a quiche, but not really. I bet you can't guess which half is Phil's? haha

Chicken Fajita Pie
Adapted from My Biscuits are Burning

1 (10) inch tortilla (burrito size)
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
3/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon mexican oregano
1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 large eggs
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pepper
Salt
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray. Place tortilla in pie plate.

In a large bowl mix chicken, pepper, 1 cup of shredded cheese and black beans. Pour mixture into pie plate.

In another large bowl whisk eggs, flour, baking powder, oregano, salt and pepper until well combined.

Pour over chicken mixture.

Top with the rest of the shredded cheese.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until set.

Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment