Sunday, November 4, 2012

Phil's Chili

Every once and awhile on a Sunday in the fall or winter Phil and I will have a chili day. We will start early in the afternoon and both make a batch of chili for dinner. I like my chili a little plainer than Phil does so that is why we each make our own. Phil will put in peppers, onions, tomatoes in his and I just stick to beans and turkey. He has always gotten a lot of compliments on his chili when he makes it for other people which is why I figured I would post his recipe today.


Phil's Chili

1 pound ground turkey
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
1 14.5oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14.5oz can chili beans
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
2 serrano chilies, diced with seeds
1 white onion, diced
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic

In a large pot brown ground turkey. Add rest of ingredients and cook for 5 hours on low with cover on to keep in moisture. Slide lid off part way the last hour to thicken.

Serve with your favorite toppings.

Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on:Foodie FridayShow and Tell SaturdayStrut Your Stuff SaturdayFoodie FridayKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsWeekend PotluckSunday Link PartyThink Pink Sunday,Scrumptious SundaysChurch SupperCream of the CropSundae Scoop




No comments:

Post a Comment