Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Marinated Chicken Kabobs



My husband Phil and I received a new grill for our one year anniversary from our parents so we are really trying to grill out more often. Phil is the Grill Master and I do the cooking/baking/food prepping. It has been awhile since we have made good kabobs and this is one of my favorite ways to make them.

Most people who know me know that I HATE onions! I will put onion flavoring on things but I can't stand eating them. So most recipes you will see me post do not have any onions in them. Most people would say that is a sin in cooking because onions add all the flavor, but I believe and I think the people who I cook for can agree (unless they are lying to me), that I can make great food without the inclusion of onions. There are a few times where I will include them in a recipe, but if and only if  they are large enough for me to see and pick them out. I know, I can be a little crazy at times. For a foodie, as I would call myself, I can be picky about my food.

This kabob recipe is one of "the" recipes that the onions get added...more for Phil's sake (he likes onions.....sorry hun). I like to make these the night before so they can marinate really well....and for the fact that they can take awhile to prep. 


Marinated Chicken Kabobs


Ingredients:

- 1 white onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carton of fresh mushrooms
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle sun-dried tomato vinaigrette

The evening before you want to grill the kabobs assemble and marinate them. Assemble the kabobs in whatever order you prefer on skewers. Place all completed kabobs on a cookie sheet. Top with entire bottle of marinade and cover with aluminum foil. Place in refrigerator overnight.

Preheat grill to medium high. Grill indirectly for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

Makes 6 kabobs
Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment