Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ham and Egg Bake

 Christmas morning we went to my mom's house. She makes a big brunch on Christmas. Always a big spiral ham, my favorite, and this ham and egg bake. This year she also made a baked french toast that was really good that I will most likely be posting one of these days. My mom always makes the egg bake on Christmas. I never liked it growing up. I had a thing with soggy bread. But I have been making baked french toasts, which are similar and I like those now, so now I like the egg bake. I asked her to write down the ingredients and steps for me as she made it so I could post it on the blog. I really like the breakfast dishes that can be made the night before. They are great for when you are having a lot of people over. The morning does not leave for a lot of time when having brunch, so being able to assemble the main dish the night before really saves time. This is a nice savory version of a baked french toast.

I also requested to take a family picture with my mom as well. Here is how it turned out:



Ham and Egg Bake

12 slices white bread, cubed
3 cups diced ham
12 eggs
3 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1/3 cup butter, melted
Salt
Pepper

In a large bowl combine, eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.

Cover bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with half of cubed bread.

Top with half of diced ham and cheese.

Top with the rest of sliced bread, then the rest of ham and cheese.

Pour milk mixture over sliced bread.

Let stand in refrigerator overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bake uncovered for one hour.

Print Recipe

This Recipe is linked on: Foodie FridayShow and Tell SaturdayStrut Your Stuff SaturdayFoodie FridayKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsWeekend Potluck Church SupperCream of the CropSundae Scoop 




No comments:

Post a Comment