Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dessert Shooters


We had our holiday party this weekend. I did a really cool, well I thought was really cool, dessert bar. I had a candy bar, and I did the Chai Latte Cupcakes that I posted previously and dessert shooters. I saw on Pinterest, the idea for a Christmas Candy bar. I already had some nice jars so I thought I would give it a whirl. It needed some sprucing up though so my friend Jane, also a Pinterest fan, saw some ideas for nice candy bar displays. Jane helped me make some really nice signs for the candy. I think it turned out really nice. Everyone thought it was really cool. The kids especially liked it.

Here is how it turned out:
















I also got the idea for the dessert shooters on pinterest as well. I saw a few I liked but wasn't able to find many recipes for them so I kinda winged it. They came out soooo good! I did a s'mores dessert shooter and a strawberry shortcake dessert shooter. I think that throughout the week I am going to post some other good recipes that I made for the party. But for now here are the dessert shooter recipes.

S'more Dessert Shooter

Graham cracker crumbs
Marshmallow creme
Hershey's chocolate syrup
Whipped cream
Mini chocolate chips

Microwave the marshmallow creme until it is thinner, about 1 minute.

In a shot glass or dessert shooter, layer graham cracker crumbs, marshmallow creme, and chocolate syrup.

Top with whipped cream, then a few mini chocolate chips.

Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooter

Strawberries, diced
Whipped cream
Pound cake

Layer the strawberries, pound cake and whipped creme in a shot glass or dessert shooter. Top with whipped cream.





These recipes are linked on::Foodie FridayShow and Tell SaturdayStrut Your Stuff SaturdayFoodie FridayKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsWeekend Potluck Think Pink SundayChurch SupperCream of the CropSundae ScoopSugar and Slice Sunday Link Party Mix it Up MondaysMelt in your Mouth MondaysOn the Menu Monday,  Makin You Crave MondayOr So she SaysRecipe Sharing Monday





2 comments:

  1. LOVE the shooters!! I may have to use them at my next birthday part...mine, not the kids...that would be weird!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete